Saturday, March 24, 2007

Deric left almost 2 weeks ago! He is doing fine, already working very hard and will be for the next 8 months. If he has time he will be using this blog and let you all know how he is doing.


Usually whenever Deric goes away we have a strange phenomenon....... bugs, spiders and now wasps get in the house - and I have to be brave and deal with them. When he is here ... nothing not even an ant steps foot in our house! Go figure!


Kailey and I are doing fine, very busy getting ready to go to SA. We leave next Sunday and arrive in Joburg on Monday. Not sure how I feel about it yet - as the past few weeks has felt like a tornado has just passed through.


Kailey has colic... we went to the doctor on Friday who confirmed it. I guess no one will be inviting us over between 7pm and 9pm for a while. She screams inconsolably and then falls asleep with exhaustion. Hopefully it does not happen on the flight to SA, I will be thrown off mid flight, guaranteed!


Other than missing Deric, we are well and already starting to plan our 30 day holiday with Deric in SA over December.


I will be blogging in SA, and posting photos as I get them.


Here is a little note to Deric from Kailey....


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too Sweethart! See you soon.... Daddy.

Anonymous said...

You better put a brick on that girl's head and stop her from growing! GEEEEZ, she's getting so big!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Kailey, you are adorable! Be extra sweet to your Momma - she needs it now more than ever.
Jo - a friend of mine flew to Argentina from London with her 3 month old, who also has colic, and said her baby slept the ENTIRE way! I'll hope the same for you two.
Love, Sarah, Zack & Beatrice

TW said...

Best of luck to you Jo. We will come and visit once you get home! Deric- you are in our prayers. Stay safe...

Anonymous said...

So....I'm sure everyone else is wondering the same thing we are....how did the flights go? We said a little prayer for you guys. I'm sure Kailey was an angel and everyone on the flight was blessed by her being there.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jo and Uncle Deric,

thank you so much for the baby keepsake that you sent me and my parents. it's really neat. i like how it says stuff about when i was born. i will look back on that and cherish it always.

love, lorelai

Anonymous said...

Jo,
Wow, has she grown since the last time I saw her! Hope your travels were safe and easy! Miss you already. Best of luck with everything. Look forward to more posts.
Jenn Russell