Friday, August 10, 2007

Kailey's New Playgroup!


Last week I was in our local shopping center when I bumped into a friend who had a baby as old as Kailey. Her baby went towards Kai with open arms to hug and touch her, but Kai looked at her like she was made of cheese, and then to me as if to say ‘What the hell is that!’ I realized then that she has not spent much time with other kids.



So today we went off to a playgroup! I am not sure who had more fun, her or me. I got to speak to other moms (something I don’t get to do much here) and Kai got to play with other kids and learn about texture (today’s lesson)

Next Wednesday we start swimming lessons for 6-9 month olds. Apparently it’s a good idea to teach your child at this age water safety before they start crawling. Our class is for 12 weeks, for 30 min and yes I have to get into the pool with her. I now have to get a costume and my mind right for that moment…..


























7 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

It was GREAT to talk to you today, Jo! I'm so glad that you had a chance to join the playgroup. You look like y'all were having fun.

Quit being so thin and cute, all right!?

Love, US

Anonymous said...

Jo,

You're having as much fun as I did! You're doing wonderful and Kai looks as beautiful as ever! Enjoy every minute with her .. they grow up fast! Can't wait to see you. Enjoy swim class ... one more year before she can start gymnastics!

Love ya,
Dawnele and Lex

Joanne and Deric said...

OK…. I’m starting to see a pattern here. Whenever I post a slide show with new pictures (provided by Jo of course)…. I get 1 maybe 2 comments in a week. When ever Jo makes HER post with pictures and a fancy dancy story behind it…. She gets comments galore in less than 24 hours! I think there is some bias here. I’m going on strike….

Deric

Anonymous said...

So sorry Deric you are feling so left out. Iknow Joanne is needy did not realise that you also need some tlc. Will definitely make it up to you in December with lots and lots of Nando's

Love Mom Rutter

Anonymous said...

Not sure who had more fun - you or Kai! She looks like she was enjoying her new little friend. I'm glad you found a place where you can truly be yourself - a great Mom!

Kel

p.s. Deric - don't go on strike! We LOVE your slide shows.

Joanne and Deric said...

Deric:
AGggg shame princess!!!!
Jo

Anonymous said...

Deric ...

Get used to it baby brother ... when there is a new baby in the family they get all of the attention... that's why I wanted to sell you at the swap meet (At least I knew you were worth something!) Just kidding ... We love you and think about you always... we're just making sure Jo and Kai know we love and miss them too!

Love you all,
Dawnele and Lex
XOXOXOXOXO