Monday, October 20, 2008

Big Girl Bed!

This weekend we decided to get Kai a toddler bed. We are going to need the crib again soonish and I don’t want to rush her into leaving her beloved crib….
She was so excited when she got it, and now sits and reads in it for ages.


(And yes, those are truck pajamas! she only wants to wear truck pj's.... or as she calles them 'doh dohs' she is obsessed with trucks.)

She tried to sleep in it yesterday and managed to fall out twice! Here is the damage, you can’t see the blue on her eye, and it looks pretty nasty!



Tonight I just read to her in her new big girl bed and when the story was over she wanted her crib. I am going to start afternoon naps in the bed tomorrow, so we will see how that works.

She is adorable lately, I just love every phase. She is trying so hard to speak, and is getting new words every day, but jabbers all day long telling the most interesting stories and jokes that only she understands.

One thing I love is her sleep schedule. For her afternoon nap at 11am I don’t even have to say anything and she looks at me and says ‘bye bye’ takes my hand and walks me to her room. Then sleeps for 90 minutes.
Then at 6:30pm she says on her own, ‘bye bye’ grabs her baby, blanket, and dummy (pacifier) and goes to her room. She then wakes at 7am in the morning. Heaven!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She obviously needs her Nampa to protect her.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I wonder what that eye looks like today.

Mom

Huse Yo Mama said...

Oh my gosh, you did the big girl bed!!!! That's awesome, Jo! She'll get it, soon. Sweet thing - her little eye....awwww

And the sleeping - could it get much better than that!!!?

Unknown said...

Ouch! Hopefully she'll get the hang of it soon!

-Corey

Anonymous said...

WHAT??? She's already in a big girl bed. NOOOOOOOO = I refuse to believe that she's old enough. I don't want to give up my freedom by allowing Peyton to get out of her crib. Let us know how it all goes.

Love all the outfits! I think we have some pageant girls on our hands.

kel