Sunday, January 17, 2010

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz sleep my baby girl.......

I have added another ‘Never’ to my list of ‘I will never….’

I always said Kailey will never let her sleep in my bed. I had seen too many Super Nanny’s and did not want the problems that I see on that show….

And now as I sit here and write, Kai is in my bed fast asleep.

I could fight it, and I could cause a stir about it, but when I get in at night she holds my hand and hugs me all night. I just feel that maybe it’s something she needs now and I have decided to deal with it later. When I think of what that little one in my bed has been through – or rather what we have put her through in the last three years, I just have to bend on this.

In 3 years she has lived in 2 countries, 3 states, 4 houses and seen her dad deploy twice for a year each time.

In the past year she has welcomed a baby brother, said goodbye to her friends again, moved state and got another house and area to get to know. She has given up her dummies, said goodbye to her daddy, let go of her beloved crib, potty trained, got a new play school, and started preschool. Each thing we throw at her she handles so well. So if she needs to know mommy is just at arm’s reach – so be it!

8 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Amen, my friend. Good for you!!! Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Not that you need my approval, but I think you're making the right decision and should embrace the moment. It won't be long and they won't even want us to drop them off in front of school:)

kel

Anonymous said...

Joanne,
One day she will not want to sleep in you bed... until that time comes.. treasure it!
Dawnele

Anonymous said...

Joanne,

One day she will not want to sleep in your bed ... until that day ... treasure it! It doesn't get any better :)

Dawnele

Anonymous said...

I am so lucky I married the most amazing woman and mother in the world.

Thank you for being so wonderful.

Deric

Anonymous said...

Children need boundaries and love, love and then more love. Mothers have wisdom supreme and no super nanny or any else can be wiser.

But today's solutions are not always tomorrow's solutions and each must occupy its own time.

Enjoy and be loved in return.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Children need boundaries and love, love, love and then more love - at any age.

Mothers have a wisdom which is supreme and no supernanny or anyone else can have more insight into the little people.

But every solution has a time and a place and the wisdom of 'when' is the decision hardest to make.
Love, Dad

Kellie said...

Being a good parent is about knowing what your child needs, what is right for her. Who cares what SuperNanny or anyone else says, you are amazing for recognizing what is best for Kailey!