Friday, April 27, 2007

South Africian Internet?!?!?!

Deric here (in Afghanistan) writing this blog update for Joanne and Kailey (in South Africa). Crazy....

Anyway... the deal is South African Internet is not the same as American Internet and it shuts down all the time. Thus, not allowing Jo to update this blog as often as she'd like. So, because I'm such a GREAT husband..... I told here I'd update it for her!!

However.... I'm in a dust filled room in Afghanistan using internet that is probably only a little better than Jo's down South. So I am going to keep this short.

Joanne and Kai are doing very well. They are both adjusted now and on a good schedule (feeding, sleeping, playing, sleeping, feeding.....). And guess what... Kai got her first tooth!! How cool is that! Jo says it is causing more slobber on her than pain for Kailey. There has not been any crying or fussing from Kai about her teething! Joanne is very thankful....

I am also fine. Working hard and trying to do my best over here.

With all that, here is the most important part of the blog.... Pictures.

Enjoy







Hope you enjoyed the photos. I'll try and keep them coming as Jo sends them to me.

Take care

Deric

5 comments:

The Bellard Family said...

You all have a beautiful family...especially a beautiful daughter. I know you all must hate being apart. Hopefully that will be over before you know it. The pictures are great, keep them coming.

Anonymous said...

Deric, Jo and Kailey...we miss you over here!

Deric - I hope things are going well. I know you miss your girls like crazy!

Jo - you look TERRIFIC!

Kailey - a TOOTH!? WHAT!? You're only three months old! Quit growing up so quickly! Seriously!

Anonymous said...

What a great husband Deric is (we just know he wants to brag about Kailey and we love reading the posts.) I can not believe she got her first tooth! WHOA! How's that breastfeeding going JO? Yikes. Looks like things are going well for the three of you. We miss you guys.

- Kelly and Rob

Anonymous said...

Jo & Deric

Your family needs one more blessing, and that is to be together again. Wonderful news & great pics (especially Great-Gran & Kailey).

I also love you belief in living each day as an adventure.

Karen said...

Great to hear you all are doing good. Miss you lots! :-)