Wednesday, April 18, 2007

We are finally getting more settled lately. I started school this week and to my surprise I only go in Mondays and Tuesdays, but for the next two weeks I don’t go in on Mondays at all. I do have a lot of homework to do … and Kailey is not having any of it! It was so strange to go in this week, nothing has changed – everything is exactly where I left it. The lectures are all the same and were so welcoming. To make me feel extra old, some of the 3rd years were my Grade 8 students when I taught at Pro-Arte. I think I will be happy there – as long as I get all my assignments done!

The good news for me… Kailey is getting to bed by 7:30, getting up at 3am to feed and then wakes again at 8. This is heaven. So much so that tomorrow night after putting her down I give the monitor to my Mom and I am going to have dinner with Claudia and Olga.

Here is a picture of Gladis and Kailey – this is how Gladis walks around the house with her…. See now my child is officially an African American…..
I am trying to learn how to do this but you can’t believe how hard it is to get the kid on your back to begin with!
Gotta Love It!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) That is awesome that you're getting right back into the swing of things.

2) Kailey is HUGE!

3) Awesome that she's sleeping through the night.

4) that kills me that you have a "Gladis"

5) cracks me up that Gladis is all decked out in African garb and is wearing a skechers hat

6) we miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

That picture is great Babe!! What a different and exciting life our child will experience being raised in two toatally different nations. I truly believe exciting and interesting times are ahead for our family. Love you.

Deric

Anonymous said...

Joanne ... we are so very proud of you.. I'm glad all is working out and school is going well.

Kailey ... stop growing up so fast! You are absolultely beautiful!

Deric.. you have a wonderful family~ but you already know that!

We love you and miss all of you.

Dawnele & Lexy

Brando said...

JO!! What a great picture...I love that Kailey is getting the experience even at a young age to experience a different culture and nation...your HOME! What a wonderful opportunity for you. I hope school is going well, I bet that is funny to be in school with the young ones that you taught! We miss you here, it's seriously not the same without you. I look at 4th of July pictures from last year and get a little weary that this year will be so different :) I love your blog..keep the updates coming..you are loved and missed in NC!

Dani said...

Hey Jo,
I didn't mean to take this long to get on your blog and write you, but this month has gone by so quickly. Kailey and you are looking gorgeous as always. I met the girls for lunch last week and the table felt a little empty without you here, but I know you will be back before we know it. I started my job as you know on April 2nd and I absolutely love it. The people are so nice and it feels great to be going into such an impressive building such as the Crown Coliseum and being able to say that that is where I work. I have found myself so much more relaxed and happy now, which I know you understand that. Anyway, I am working on setting up a blog for myself. I'll let you know when I have it complete. I'll chat with you soon. feel free to email me at my work email ddurante@crowncoliseum.com love ya and miss ya.
Dani