Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Today I decided I would brave the South African Government Departments and get Kailey’s visa sorted out to ensure her legal stay. You see, she has been registered as a South African citizen, something you have to do before you get a passport. But this is going to take three moths and then we have to wait another three to four months for her passport!
Well the other thing is that all this will happen in the above time line if there are no strikes or go slows of government employees!!!!!!!!!! So I am taking no chances and getting her the visa…..

So I call the Immigration department today and ask for directions. The very helpful woman on the other side of the phone directs me to the town, the road and then says ‘you will see a Shell garage on the left, go in there and ask them how to get to us, they know’ Well what could I do – I went to the Shell found a man who knew how to get there and he directed me up the road to the building.
I had to giggle only in Africa!

No comments: