Thursday, October 25, 2007

FOR EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT KAILEY IS EATING IN THE SLIDE SHOW BELOW!!!!!

Biltong is a kind of dried meat that originated in South Africa. Many kinds of flesh can be used to make it, ranging from beef through game meats to fillets of ostrich from commercial farms. It is typically made from raw fillets of meat cut into strips following the grain of the muscle, or flat pieces sliced across the grain. It is similar to beef jerky in that they are both spiced, dried meats but differs significantly in typical ingredients, taste and production process.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biltong

Kai and I are off to Cape Town tomorrow to see one of my oldest friends Janine (We were in High school together) I will let you know how it was and hopefully post some pictures.

I think I am a little crazy to be going so soon before exams (exams start in two weeks) and yes I am having a small panic, but I trust I will kick into gear when we come back relaxed and refreshed. (I secretly packed my notes to read at any chance I get)

Kai just cut her 9th tooth and the 10th is very close. This time she is having a hard time and waking almost every half and hour crying. Tonight she wouldn’t even eat her dinner (and that child can eat).

3 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Oh my gosh. I'm very glad you cleared this up. I really was a little worried. :-)

Good luck on your trip. Don't be nervous. Don't forget about your 100 hour trip across the world to get to SA with a colicky baby! You can do anything!!!!

Love, ME

Anonymous said...

I could have gone my whole life without knowing what she was eating. Now that I know it makes me more queezy. YUCK! I'm sure it tastes good and I like beef jerky, but I really never wanted to know what it was really made of :)

Have fun on your trip!

Kel

Anonymous said...

I hear Deric got back to the States. I wanted to say, "Welcome Home!" and that I hope the 3 of you are able to be together very soon!