Friday, November 2, 2007

Our Great Cape Town Trip

Kailey and I went to Cape Town last Friday to see Janine. It was exactly what I needed, just a get away from school, exams and my everyday routine. We had so much fun and Kailey squealed most of the time with excitement.

We went to the Aquarium – it was great! Some people turned to me and said they are having more fun watching Kailey than the fish. She could not believe her eyes.










After that we milled around the Waterfront, went for lunch and each had a reflexology treatment!






Then we met up with my Moms oldest friend Aunty Joan, since she moved to Cape Town she has not seen Kai, so it was a perfect opportunity. She knew me since I was Kailey’s age (and younger)




On Sunday we went to Camps Bay beach and Kai saw the sea for the very first time. She just sat in the massive sand pit for a while kicking her legs, later she started examining the sand and when she started eating it I whipped her up and showed her the waves.











I was worried about how she would handle the routine change – but she did much better than I ever expected, even slept till 6:30!

On other news you will all be happy to know Deric is back in the USA!!!!!!!!!
He is coming here in 30 day as of today – I can’t tell you how excited I am. I went to playgroup today and everyone has agreed that even the school closes end of November for Christmas holidays, they will add in one more class so Deric can see how Kai enjoys it. They are even organizing some other dads to come so Deric wont be the only one!

My exams start next Wednesday so I am working away at that – I then write 3 more exams after that one and finish FOR GOOD on the 14th November – perfect timing to make myself fabulous for when Deric gets here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Did you both have reflexology? Like Kai had it too? That's awesome! I love reflexology. So good.

Her hair cracks me up. It's so cute and wild. I think it probably fits her little personality.

kel

Huse Yo Mama said...

You look fantastic, Jo! As usual. And Kai's hair cracks me up. Lorelai is jealous! WHat a great trip. I knew Kai would do fabulously and be a blessing to everyone!!! Glad you had such a nice break!

Deric - welcome home!!!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Deric - Welcome Home!!! So glad you're fewer than 30 days away from seeing your girls. The countdown is on.

Jo - I'm so happy for you. Nov 14th will be here before you know it. Good luck with all of the exams.

-sarah, zack & B

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Deric is back and safe!!

Good luck on your exams!

Give Kai a kiss from me!

Kellie

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Deric!

Jo - love your CT pics.

Di
x