Thursday, November 15, 2007

Finally I am back!!!! Phew, now I can breath. I should have been finished by now, but I have one more exam to do since I was double booked with one I will write next week. It does stink a little but at least now I have a whole extra week to prepare for it. It is also not a massive one - those are all done.

I was so relieved today, I went and got a magazine to read and shopping with Kailey. I feel like I have lived in a cave for the past few weeks. I am doing a cooking course with Claudia on Saturday, we are cooking something (I don’t even know).

Tonight I am taking myself off to a movie – just me, myself and a box of popcorn I wont have to share with anyone else. I have not gone to a movie in over a year and have not even seen one on TV for months. I am very excited! It’s pretty sad actually that that would excite me to this degree, a few years ago I thought a movie was a boring evening.

We have our first birthday party on Saturday (after the cooking course). There are twins in playgroup and they are turning 1. The mom of the twins and I were in high school together – you wont believe how everyone here knows everyone.

As for Kai – we are now cutting teeth 11 and 12!!!!! Yip you read right! I want it to stop for just a little and give her a break (and me). These molars are giving her a hard time. Deric will get here and be like ‘teething is a piece of cake!’ Although she has not had the hardest time it still hurts and upsets her. Deric’s mom said the he had All his teeth by age 1….. This child is a mini Deric. Our son will be just like me!
She went for her 9-month shots today and is weighing in at 21 lbs. He said she is officially the size of a one year old.

Deric gets here in 18 days!!! I am next to myself with excitement. It is going to be so great to see him with Kailey – and of course she will just adore him as much as I do.

2 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

I'm so glad that school is coming to an end for you. Enjoy the cooking classes - how fun!!!

And the movie - yeah, I'm with you. You're going to love it. I don't think I've been to one either in the last year. What are we thinking, girl? :-)

11 and 12!? That girl is seriously ahead of the game. I can't believe it. Lorelai is now officially working on #3. But, I don't envy you at all - teething is NO fun!

I know I've said it before, but I can't wait until Deric gets with you guys so I can hear how awesome it is to FINALLY be back together!

21 pounds - you go girl!!! Can't wait to see you! Just a few months!

KDoug said...

I am antsy for you to see Deric. That's great! I can't wait to hear how he responds to his precious baby girl.

I'm glad to see that other babies are big too! My peditrician said that they are thinking about changing the growth chart because babies are so much bigger nowadays.

Enjoy your movie!