Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our first weekend away

Hi everyone, it feels like it’s been ages since I last blogged!!!

We realized that we only have 12 weekends left in Kansas. Two of them will be house hunting in Washington; one will be a military ball and international food evening, so that leaves us with 9 weekends. There is so much I still have to do while here.

This past weekend we went on a marriage retreat that is given to us military folk by the army. It is 100% free, and included child care. The child care is amazing the child youth service on post has great daycare/hourly care, with such incredible woman, yes I said incredible. They look after the children like they are their own. I LOVE THEM!!! (This is from someone who won’t leave her children with just anyone, if anyone)

They are brought to the hotel to set up a daycare in a few conference rooms for the whole weekend. That leaves us parent’s time to be together, do class on marriage, just relax, and go on a date. I felt like we had been on holiday for a week. Kai and Devin were so tired they both slept through the night and I got my first 8 hours solid night sleep…… heaven!

People bad mouth the army/military, but I would like to know if there are any companies out there that do this for the people who work for them. Yes they ask more of the families than a ‘normal’ company would, but the good they try do is often over looked. I feel very supported as a military spouse. There are tools that are available if you choose to use them.

In other news, Deric is writing his thesis, so Kai, Dev and I out and about all day long. This week we have a picnic planned, we are going to a massive place that only has inflatable toys to climb on, then we have a few play dates, Deric and I have a date night on Friday (those fab ladies at CDC have parents night out once a month) OH and BIG BIG STUFF ON SATURDAY….. Kai is getting her very first bike and helmet! Then we have a new tradition, on Sundays we go for Sundae’s – or frozen custard, yum!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that tradition will last 'till I get there again.

(Frozen Custart I mean)

Mom