Friday, September 7, 2007

Playgroup, Sinks, Ducks, Biltong and Camels?

Kai and I have been going to play group and swimming classes once a week! Its fun and she loves it. I find the swimming so hard as sometimes for a second you have to let your baby go!!!!!!AAAAHHHHHHHhhhhh. The class is to prepare babies in case they ever fall in water. They teach them to roll over (not sit up as instinct would have it) lift their chins, close their mouths and get to the side. I did not believe it was possible but some of the older kids in her class can do it completely without mom.






We have been enjoying the great weather too, going to the bird park with Aunty Claudia, we went to the country on the weekend and Kai got to see and feed some ducks at a lake. (a lake to us a pond to people in the US.... we don’t have much water here and our lakes are no where near to what Americans would call big)





It was so hot the other day I put Kailey in the sink. She loves water, hot or cold she is not bothered. I did go out and buy here a play pool for the summer - she can’t stay in the sink the whole time.




And just because Kai is half South African and half American I thought it was time she got a taste of the foods here .... She had her first Biltong (similar to jerky) and loved it. She uses it for teething since we are on tooth number 9! She loves SA food and the only cereal she eats is Krimel Pap, and of course her day is not complete without her daily Rooiboss tea!



She is still just too divine and I look at her everyday and can’t imagine what I must have done right to have a person like this in my life. She has started clapping and has just added baba to her very small vocab!

As for me - I have been working on my thesis lately. I am 90% done and about 90% on all my assignments. That 10% just takes so long to do! I start exams in November and will be DONE by the 30th November ready for Deric to arrive a few days after that. I miss him terribly, but Deric is doing well and will be home before we know it (Yay). He is going back to Fayetteville for 5 weeks and will be relaxing, getting the house baby proofed and seeing his family. I also will be sending him his ‘Honey Do’ list just in case he gets bored!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kai's hair looks dark in every photo except the bath photo -- it's very blonde! It's Deric's hair! She's just adorable, and Aidin can't wait for their playdate!

-Corey

Anonymous said...

GREAT PHOTOS!!! I'm so glad you updated! I need to get Lorelai in swim lessons ASAP! I can't believe Kai's teeth! Holy moly, woman!

Deric - you're looking terrific, as always!

Anonymous said...

So precious.

Let us know if Deric needs any help on his "honey-do" list. We'll be here.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous was me - Kelly

j.d. said...

Deric -
Tell J that he definitely has gotten his "swole" on this time in Afghanistan - last trip, he was trying to get ripped and cut, and this time, he's looking a little "bigger"...you're looking good, too, bro...call us when you get stateside...

Anonymous said...

Hey Deric, you always seem to get among the pretty girls - that camel is dressed to kill.

Margaret R.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is one of the cuties babies around. We are excited to meet her hopefully one day soon.
Love- Rachel and Trip