Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Only in Africa

I thought everyone would get a kick out of these pictures. One is of a …….. I have no idea what to call it other than a road side restaurant?. This picture was taken out side of where my dad works, and there are many of these………. ‘restaurants’ They build a fire and put a pot of pap (like oatmeal or grits) on it. The ‘guests’ bring their tin cups and plates and that’s lunch!



I also had to put in a picture of what the robots/traffic lights are like here in SA. Most robots have several beggars around them, but this one only has one. I just don’t like getting my camera out in those situations. What you don’t see on the picture is the family on the side of the road. They all take shifts to beg with the various babies’ that are there. Kills me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the sanitation rating on the restaurant is. And where do they post it?

As for the beggar...seriously, Gladis needs to whip them into shape! She already has the baby carrying thing down. She's a few steps further than I am!!!

Huse Yo Mama said...

Do you realize the sign in the background of the last photo reads "FIND MR WRITE?" I wonder if he's a blogger, because that's a catchy name for him, if he is.