Thursday, February 14, 2008

Just a few of my NEVERISMS

Things I said I would never do……and have done or totally went above and beyond

• I would never marry a policeman since they did not come home every night. (if only)
• I would never let my child eat sugar till they were two
• I would never go through a drive through – I would get out my car and get it myself. (Now with a child in the car they rock – ATM, Starbux, Drycleaners….)
• I would never use a dishwasher – ha!
• I would never eat sushi - stable diet now!
• I would never leave my trolley (shopping cart) in the middle of the parking lot – well now I am not leaving my child alone in the car to take it back …. And I am also not parking next to the trolley drop off incase someone hits my car (it’s a complex one)
• I would never live far from my family
• I would never get a speeding fine (it was a personal goal – now in SA I got 7 in 5 months…… coming home from school and wanting to get home to Kai)
• In 1994 I said I would never get a cell phone they are for showoffs!!!!
• In 1997 I said I would never invest in the internet – it would never take off (I guess you see why I do so badly with roulette and that’s just black and red)
• I would never drink beer – in London its sooooo much cheaper than anything else!
• When I had kids I would make sure all their toys stay in their bedrooms so the adult areas in the house would stay clear and neat – the funniest one of all!


Things I said I would never do...and still have not done – watch this space things could change

• Wear my husbands T-shirts even when pregnant
• Go to Wal-Mart at midnight … in my pajamas… with slippers on….. with curlers in my hair….. Oh the list could go on.
• I will never cut my hair short
• I will never eat fruit


That’s all I can think of now – I guess I have done most of what I said I wouldn’t! Just goes to show - never say never!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

7 Traffic fines - sorry love - another one arrived after you left - on the Pretoria road - so now its 8.

Mom

Huse Yo Mama said...

this is hilarious, Jo!

I love Margaret's comment! Y'all are killing me!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!! I am sure doing these things make you a better person- not worse!!

Slow down, speedy!!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Walmart at midnight...didn't have curlers (but I've never worn them)...did have on slippers...and i wasn't the only one (it was in south Georgia, after all!). You are too funny. I miss you tons.
love,
sarah

Anonymous said...

Great post! That was a good list. I do love the last one - put all the kid toys in their own rooms. Not so much. My house looks like romper room with all the toys. Rob has officially lost his Man Room to his little princess. I'll have to take a picture of it for the blog.

Hopefully we'll see you soon!

kel