Thursday, February 7, 2008

She is WALKING!!!!!

On Tuesday night Kai started walking - she waited for Deric to get home from work and to add to the good timing Hannah came over and I could get some pictures of her.






She has been very busy. She started with a group in Kindermusik, we go to a reading session at the Library for 12 month old's and she is enrolled in swimming class, not to mention the playdates, which are more for me than her.

She is tring to speak much more lately, she says 'juice', 'shoes', 'deka' (thandeka), and 'where' usually refering to her dummy (pasifier)I am trying to get a picture of her saying 'where' as she lifts her shoulders and raises her hands - too cute!!! She has started to copy me too - if I put a hair band on she takes it off my head and puts it on her's, if I put chapstick (lipice) on she wants some too!

We are at a stage now where she is more fun than work, she is sleeping well, eating well and playing well.

As you see she is also helping around the house. Here she was very interested in how Daddy was fixing the door.


We are enjoying the house so much lately and the calm before the storm. We move to Kansas in June, and then again a year after that! So now not rushing around is exaclty what we all need.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man...... right across the room....
Into hairbands etc.....I have shopping to do.
Mom

Unknown said...

Bravo, Kailey!

TW said...

Congrats to the new grown up girl! 1 year old and ready to take on the town! We miss you guys. Let's get together soon!

Huse Yo Mama said...

Saaweeet!!! Congratulations!

But, Kailey...I thought we had this conversation when we were in town? You were supposed to walk while we were there and teach Lorelai how. I'll forgive you this time, though. :-)

KDoug said...

Great photos! That's awesome that she's walking. Go Kai! I bet it's adorable.

Hey - we need to return the play table that Rachel stole from you. What's your schedule look like?

Anonymous said...

Man, that's great news! Just try and stop her now!!! I'll have to come back down to witness this in person.

Kesh