Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!!!


Here is Kailey's Halloween costume - not quite what we planned, but all she would wear. She had a rather large melt down before the event - so she is wearing her pumpkin pajamas and her lion outfit, without the head!!!!!
It was a fun night - we had 4 families come over to our house and we built a fire, and waited for the masses..... and boy were there masses.


I was not going to dress up - but since everyone arrived at our house in costume I brought out the old tea pot and wore that! Kai was very excited by this.

As you see - the candy kicking in. We did not go house to house. She did not understand what was going on, but she had freedom to eat all she wanted from our 4 bowls. I figure once a year, what the hell!

Uncle Kesh was also there - always spoiling Kailey!!!


The candy face! She was so sticky by the end of the night!



Our crazy neighbors! It was a great time with them.


The Holbrooks - Deric threw a tourist costume together in about 2 seconds. Most of the night he had a big camera around his neck too, and I'm not sure if you can see his two tone mullet he is wearing..... yip all class all style!



This is 11pm..... the latest Kai has ever stayed up - sugar crash and just wanting water! And so the night ended!
The rest of our weekend was relaxing!!

Here is Deric and Kai washing the car. I sat and watched them on the stairs, on the phone to my dear friend Tanya in NZ who I lived with in London .... great to chat Popaduck!



Then today (Sunday) we had some friends over for a tea. There was a lot of kids and we landed up playing outside. Just making the most of this great weather!


Now on Sunday night we are again relaxing - Deric is not studying tonight (which is a change)... so excuse me while I join him to watch a movie..... don't you just love Sunday nights!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cant wait to give those sticky cheeks a kiss ,,,,,,,,,, 4 weeks today.

Mom

TW said...

It looks like you have settled into your new home very nicely. I am glad to see it.
You had asked what island I was referring to on my blog and it was Grand Bahama.

Huse Yo Mama said...

So cute!! Y'all are killing me with the costumes!!! ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Yo Yo Jo Jo! Great to chat last weekend...and now I can your hood, hubby and sweetheart! Nice teapot by the way... Love to the whole Clan XXXXX Pop-a-duck

Anonymous said...

Jo's a little teapot, short and stout, theres her handle, there's her spout... : ) You all look great all dressed up. Your teapot is very cute. Lots of love - Di xx

Anonymous said...

Obviously you are not short and stout! Its just the poem !! : ) xx haha

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a great time. The costumes are great (but Deric always dresses like that, doesn't he?). :-)

Aidin was a lion this year, too! I just posted photos.

Anonymous said...

I love your outfit. That is so cute. I'm sure Kai was amused at Mommy dressing up. Love it. Kai cracks me up with her meltdown and therefore odd ensemble of Halloween outfits. Heehee! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun out there. Enjoy!

kel