Thursday, November 13, 2008

So much for 4 weeks to go!

We went to the doctor today!!!!! And I got some news I was not ready for…….
1) The baby is already almost 8 pounds (Kailey was 7lbs.6oz at birth)
2) I am 2cm dilated
3) My cervix is softening and heading towards labor

The other night I woke up and thought I was in labor – she said that was the beginning ………
It was at that very moment that I realized that we are so not as ready as we thought we were. I was banking on my mom being here to look after Kai while I was in the hospital.
The next morning I got my ass into gear and made a solid plan B! Our dear friend Kesh would come over when we called (day or night) and take care of Kai! She knows him well, so he was perfect.

Then I told my mom our news today, and tomorrow she is changing her fights (which were due to come in on the 2nd Dec) to next week or this weekend.

It’s all going so fast! I would like to keep this little guy cooking for one more week if possible. The doctor said due to his size they won’t stop labor when it starts.

Deric and I were in such shock – we realized we were going to have an actual baby within the next 2 weeks. I of course came home and balled my eyes out that I would no longer have Kai and my time ever again. I guess it’s the hormones! But still…….

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am all sorted. I arrive on Sunday 16th Nov at 12.15. Relax now.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. We are thinking of you. Take care of yourself and try to relax a bit!

KDoug said...

WHOA - that's crazy. I'm glad to hear your Mom will be there tomorrow. Whew. Good luck with everything. I'm sure it's all going to fit right into place as soon as the little guy arrives. Millions of people have 2 kids so it's got to work, right?

Rose said...

Aw shucks Jo. I know it's hard to believe, but I promise there's enough love in your heart for 7 babies if you so desire. Sam is almost 10 now and he'll always be my firstborn baby boy. (He hates it when I say that.) Good luck and thinking of you. Promise the second birth will be much easier. Fingers crossed. Now go have some tea and... breathe...

Lots of love and strength to you.
Rose

Unknown said...

Everything will work out. I'm so excited for you guys. We can't wait to meet your little man!

Sarah Jarvis said...

I've got my fingers and toes crossed - Zack & Bea too!!
Sending tons of love from California!
ps - we are going to South Africa for Jasandra and John's wedding! Next week...B is going to stay in Georgia.

Anonymous said...

Its a Grandpa!
I am a Boy
01 December 2008

Anonymous said...

Mis queridos Jo y Deric. Estoy muy orgullosa de ustedes! Felicidades en su nuevo bebe! Devin... (you can translate it! ;)) Muah...
Oriana and Anario