Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Happy New Year

Our New Year was very LAME considering what we have done over the past few years! I did surprise myself by staying up till a whopping 12:05am though. Quite an accomplishment!

Deric and I went back to work today. I will officially be stopping work on the 16th January..... just time to do nothing! I am counting down the days. As Tash says 'no one thanks you for staying up to the end'.

I am in the Braxton Hicks phase of the pregnancy (36 weeks) - I am forever waiting for a contraction to be over. But they say its the body's way of practicing for the real deal (who knew there was so much to pregnancy!)

This year should bring new beginnings to all.
With Sarah and Zack, Mikey B and Kelly, Corey and Todd either having just received their bundles of joy or waiting patiently for them. There are also so many of you guys moving country or homes (what is it with our friends and family moving around so much?)

Also Claudia and Jannes getting engaged on the 27th Dec... Congratulations......I could not be happier for you both!

I wish you all the most wonderful year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, New Year's Eve can be way over-rated sometimes. Best of luck in 2007 with your new & complete family!

Clive Rutter said...

This is just wonderful to be so involved with the excitement of the time.

With the family genes, this could be the start of a lifetime extending into 2107 and beyond. What wonders will await this little girl. If hope and wishes and love are driving the process than we will all be proud of this one persons achievement - following our footsteps.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you have this blog now. I have a link to it from my page, if you don't mind.

I can't wait until Kailey is here. Lorelai is just dying to meet her!

Hope you are feeling well and we hope to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

The countdown is on!! Best of luck to all 3 of you. Deric, keep the bags packed and gas in the car. Joanne, just breath through the tough times (easier said than done, I know). Little Kailey, we are all so excited to meet you (especiall a cute little guy named Jayden). See you soon!

Best wishes in '07
Mikey B and Family