Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Kaileys First Week

Strange to think this time last week I was in the hospital waiting for Kailey to arrive. Now a week later I am addicted to her in every way.

Everything is going well - we have had our doctors appointments, which all turned out well. She has had her fist play date with Lorelia, Rachel's daughter who was born just 3 weeks before Kailey.

I am so grateful to have friends like I do here! Oriana, Rose, Jenn, Dani, Brooke all helping out with meals (something I have just not thought about) You have no idea how your brain becomes mush when you are so focused on this little miracle. Thank you guys so much for all your help so far..... I am so lucky to have you all.

My mom gets in on Saturday. I have not seen her in over a year, so its going to be great. The timing of this whole experience could not be better than it has turned out.

Deric is very into been a Dad, Kailey has him completely wrapped already (as she she should) and it is so wonderful to watch him with her. I cant believe he has not had experience with babies before, he is a natural.

Thank you to everyone who has sent best wishes, parcels, cards, gifts, flowers ......... We appreciate it all so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the post, girlfriend! You're getting great at this blogging thing!

Awesome pictures! It was SO great to meet Kailey. You guys are such a beautiful family! Congratulations! And seriously - I had NO idea that Deric had never had experience handling little babies. He makes it look so easy. Good job, dude!

We hope we get to see you this weekend...I know your mom is coming into town, though, so let us know. :-)

TW said...

I can't stop watching your slide show. It gives me tingles throughout my whole body. We love you guys so much and are SO HAPPY for you. You look amazing and Kailey is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see you guys again. Maybe soon...We are hoping to make another trip to NC soon and maybe this time we will have the time to travel over. Thanks so much for sharing your photos and "story." With lots of love.
M&T